Sunday, August 3, 2014

Blessed are they that have not seen...


It was too beautiful outside today not to linger in Hyde Park on the way home from church. I set down my bag and curled up on a tree-shaded (and ant-free - love this country!!!) spot of grass. As I laid on my back and looked up at the brilliant view beyond through the tree's leaves, everything was almost too beautiful to believe. The sky was so clear, so blue, and so perfectly accented with fluffy clouds that I just wanted to stay in that moment forever.

And I did. For a good couple of hours. Thoughts of life passed through my mind as the wind passed through the leaves overhead. Dreams of cuddling with Brady soon, schemes of Benjamin Moore paint hues and Ikea couches in our new flat (...er...apartment), hopes of adorable little Deardens in our lives one day.



So, pardon my leap here but my mind tends to bounce around a bit. I saw my life's wishes in my mind, I watched the leafy branches blow overhead, and I thought of my testimony of the restored gospel. Yes, they were all linked. Those dreams of waking up in my husband's arms on Saturday mornings have yet to be realised, but they are so worth believing in to me. I may not have seen the wind this afternoon, but I saw the effects of them and I thought they touched my heart with their beauty. My time to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ with my family has yet to come, nor was I there there when Joseph Smith knelt and prayed to know which church he should join. But these eternal truths - that God lives, that His Son is my Saviour, and that their eternal and unchanging truths were restored in 1820 with the boy prophet Joseph Smith - have touched my soul and are worth believing in to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment