Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Hello again




I get all giddy inside when I think of being back together with this guy. It has been so long since I've seen him in person, I am beginning to think that I am married to a little man on my Skype account screen. I talk future plans with him, he laughs at my jokes, and we pray together - almost completely oblivious that he is over four thousand miles away. But to be perfectly honest, the three and a half hour time difference has meant very little to us. I am not sad or sorry. Brady has always felt close to me. The only difference is that in two months he'll be a lot closer.

One of my favourite songs is from John Mayer's early music:

And if you never stop when you wave goodbye
You just might find if you give it time
You will wave hello again
You just might wave hello again

I still remember that long (and repeated!) wave goodbye at Nashville International Airport, but I can't wait to wave hello again.

I love you Brady. Happy two years of awesome.




And airports see it all the time
Where someone's last goodbye blends in with someone's sigh.
Cause someone's coming home in hand a single rose



1 comment:

  1. The long time apart is nearly over! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete