Friday, August 8, 2014

Downton Abbey Weather


It never rains on Downton Abbey, which is remarkable seeing as how it is set in England. But over the past few weeks - my very last in England - the weather has been as bright and cheery as, well, the love story of Mary and Matthew (prior to season three's finale, of course). I took advantage of the brilliant weather by tidying a few loose ends on my London bucket list, and revisiting some of my favourite nooks and crannies of the city. 


One day was packed with a stroll along the Thames, a lunch at Borough Market, and a (very) lengthy stroll through the newly-renovated Imperial War Museum. Dinner that evening was at one of my very favourite diplomat family's home, the dear Neel family. I learned that Venus fly traps make excellent pets for families who move around a lot! 


I also had a girl's night with these two lovely ladies, Lisa and Cierra! Effortlessly upbeat and genuine, these ladies will be missed. We saw Matilda on the West End and were blown away with the energy and talent on stage. 



Nothing could have prepared me for the talent and passion of the Russian Ballet! What a glorious introduction to Swan Lake.




And these ladies are just awesome. Rebecca, Kiri, Lara, and Leslie - what a lively group of girls to have at Lara's hen do. Many thanks to Kiri for the laughs and the glasses of Cuddles on the Beach.



And finally, my farewell do. I made some fabulous friendships in London. I connected with many in a way I never had before, and I do hope that our paths continue to cross throughout the years. How fortunate I was, how blessed I am.



And this. This just made me cry. Like, really, I broke down once I took a seat on the Piccadilly Line to Heathrow and just sobbed. As my last glimpses of Georgian architecture faded to blurs (thanks to the train's speed and my wet eyes) it finally began to sink in that this was goodbye. 



But not before devouring my South Bank Market shwarma for lunch, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment