Sunday, December 16, 2012

Happy Ballet to Me :)

 
 So...I think the fact that I still get carded for my aerosol Pinterest crafts (the legal age of purchase is 18, mind you) made me still wake up this year on December 11th with a "Yes! Happy Birthday to MEEEEE!" attitude. I may be a quarter of a century old now, but I still love the annual excuse to eat cake and ice cream and be happy to be me for the day.

And for my birthday, I tucked aside my germophobia (just for dinner, of course) to wear the big sombrero and have some waiters sing "Feliz Cumpleanos" to me.
 
After dinner we went out to our favorite frozen yogurt shop, and waiting for me were a few of my close friends! Brady had called them beforehand and asked them to come celebrate my birthday with us. And with ten different yogurt flavors and one very happy birthday girl, how could one say no? :) 
 
 
But...thebirthday just kept on giving, because that Friday Brady and I opened my birthday gift of two ballet tickets to the Nashville Ballet's Nutcracker. During intermission, we were walking around, and after some (serious) begging, I persuaded him to take a photo op with some of the ballerinas and the dancing bear. After taking a photo with a 2-year old that was so young and innocent that she didn't even know how to look at the camera, these ballerinas probably thought that I was a bit old for wanting my picture with these sugarplum backups. But then again, it could be worse. I could actually look my age :)

No comments:

Post a Comment