Apparently there are no small turkeys, so...we settled on a turkey breast. Here our little "turkita" is making friends with our "gratiturkey," the little origami creation who held expressions of gratitude for each day in November.
Brady refused to scale down his 16-serving recipe for sweet potato casserole. He let me quarter my Paula Dean's Southern Cornbread goodness, but even after reminding him that I don't even like sweet potato casserole, and so wouldn't be helping him finish it at all, he wouldn't budge.

To his credit though, he was so patient with me as I tossed out not one but TWO recipes of Apple Crisp...because I was so adamant about using a lower-fat recipe. After the second one came out of the oven after an hour looking a little mushy (causing Brady to ask "Did you even bake this, Dear?"), I decided to finally give in and follow his Grandma's recipe, High Fructose Corn Syrup and all. (And yes, it's scrumptiousness was worth every ounce of preservatives)
No comments:
Post a Comment