Sunday, December 15, 2013

London Holiday


Each day, I have this thought. 
Sometimes it is on my morning run, as I race past the swans at Regents Park. 
Sometimes it comes as I pick up a brie-and-pear macaroon on my way home from errands in South Kensington. 
Other days, it happens when I'm attending the free daily Japanese art history tour at the British Museum (again). 
And some days it comes later, when I realise that the woodblock print I've been researching for so long is just down the road at the Victoria and Albert Museum. 
At these moments, I think, "Someday, I will look back on this time in my life and ask, 'Did I really live in London for a year to attend graduate school?'"


O'Hare to Heathrow - wooooo!

And during these moments, Brady and I will look back fondly at these photos and say "Yes, we were Londoners for a year. And what a blessing it was."

I say "we," because although I am honored to say that my husband will soon be serving our country in Afghanistan, I keep a bit of him still with me...
Keeping me co' at the bank. Thank you, Army Family Services
...in more ways than one :) 

I'd like to take a moment and remember that precious week Brady and I spent here together in London. It was a sweet realisation that I not only married my dashing prince charming, but my very best friend...and all-time favourite travel companion. 

Romantic moonlit stroll along the Thames


Kensington Gardens


Borough Market


Westminster Stroll
The British Museum
Wicked! With lovely British accents :)
There was no "Row Z" by the way... 

Westminster Stroll...

Saint Paul's Cathedral

View from Saint Paul's Cathedral
Tower Bridge, from the Tower of London



My studly husband again, pondering Rothko at the Tate Modern :)
Brady is not only my eternal companion, my best friend, and the love of my life, but is also my favourite travel buddy as well! I don't think that anyone else could have trekked around London with me - with my dawn-to-dusk itineraries, high standards for restaurants (made fresh in house only please), and passion for museums ("Just one more guided tour pleeeeaaaassseee..") - while still maintaining loyalty to nuptual agreements. Who needs to spot Kate and Wills, when you realise that you've had your fairy-tale romance long before your plane even landed at Heathrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment