Sunday, April 21, 2013

Easter Traditions

Although Brady usually kindly vetoes my ideas for family traditions (i.e. Tres Leche Cake apparently is not a significant enough reference to Jesus' three days in the grave, and so it got cut from our Easter menu...although I do admit to stretching its symbolic worth just to have an excuse to eat it), he did approve the idea of decorating Peeps for a festive FHE (no religious symbolism here, by the way)...




Okay, so...not exactly Pinterest-worthy, but they DID make incredible s'mores.

 Like, incredible. If there is still leftover Easter candy at your local Target, you should buy them out.

Brady enjoyed this creativity so much, that we decided to make a wreath for our front door:

...and he even accompanied me to Hobby Lobby, to pick out the materials! "There is so much to look at," he commented as we were leaving. "Someone could spend forever in there!"

It was a moment of empathetic connection. I think that he now understands where his wife goes some Saturday afternoons.

We came home and made Good Friday dinner (no Tres Leche...) before breaking out our crafting supplies. Then Brady and I watched Skyfall and fashioned our spring wreath.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not really a peep fan. In fact, I it causes me some level of distress that they have created peeps for every single holiday ;). Haha... But maybe in s'mores they wouldn't be so bad?

    ReplyDelete