Sunday, March 24, 2013

18 and up only, please (months, that is)


I love Sandra Rast, and I love this painting in our dining room :)

After I was released from Relief Society two weeks ago, I joked with Brady that if I was called to the nursery I would spend the first two weeks disinfecting the toys with Lysol.

...ahem...

Haha, ok so today was my second Sunday in my new calling (as Assistant Nursery Leader) and I have politely tucked away my germophobia to wholeheartedly love thirteen adorable 18-month to 3 year olds.

Ok, so I won't lie. The first Sunday I was there, I sat down and was eye to eye with uncovered coughing fits and toddlers who so generously spit their gum out to me for proper disposal. Needless to say, I was a bit nervous. But I smiled through the cloud of coughy germs and told the little ones to hold onto their masticated Juicyfruit until I returned with a Kleenex. And...sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven, I suppose. Little Zoe Fay strutted (and I do mean strutted, I love this little girl's style and confidence!) over to me, pulled open her Disney Princess purse, and handed me some berry-scented hand sanitizer.

"Want some?" she asked with a huge grin on her face.
"Why yes, Zoe Fay. I don't mind if I do," was my reply.

We are besties. This little girl is a dead ringer for Hermione, from the Sorcerer's Stone, and her answer to every question is either "Jesus" or "Food."

I love all of these little ones, and I have this incredible peace that this is where Heavenly Father wants me to be right now. Life is good, and is even better with goldfish at snacktime :)

1 comment:

  1. I'd snap you up for Primary too -- if you were here :). And you're a nursery pro! You totally rocked it in T-town :). Congrats on the new calling and have fun!

    ReplyDelete