Ranger School was a cruel starvation camp to a stud who eats Wendy's hamburgers (ahem, of the clandestinely-purchased sort) as afternoon snacks. The training severely restricted, among other things, his caloric intake, and over the grueling course of three months he endured incessant starvation, sleep deprivation, and demanding physical challenges to simulate special operations combat.
But last week - his first week home from training - he became reunited with his favourite foods - all at once. After bringing home the third dozen box of donuts, I began to worry.
I'm not sure how much of it was a revolt against his wife's newfound veganism, and how much was the impulsive post-deprivation hyperphagia, but either way I knew I needed to do something to take better care of my husband.
We needed to meet somewhere in the middle of my raw-vegan-organic-only-thank-you, and his surreptitious relationship with Dave Thomas' red-headed daughter. We needed a fresh, new start.
And I realised that I needed to change as much as he did.
![]() |
| And yes, last year's Rifle calendar is so pretty I still have it up in our kitchen |
I think I might be pushing my luck with tofu. But, as Brady learned so many times in Ranger training, if we happen to fall short one day we can always take another shot tomorrow.

That Ranger school sounds AWFUL - what a hero to make it through that! And a hero to make it through some of those things you want him to eat! hahaha jk...kind of -- hey, I'm doing a little better. I love the way you write in your posts...so fun! Bon Appetit
ReplyDelete