Friday, June 20, 2014

Absolutely Royal

I've been wanting to see the royals since day one. But because I have a responsibilities (and a life) I'm unfortunately unable to permanently camp out on the lawn at Kensington Palace in the hopes of spotting Kate and Baby George. 

But this week, I had two lucky run-ins with the monarch...and the fam. 
 
 Ladies Day at the Royal Ascot. The horses were gorgeous and the hats were equally fabulous. I didn't bet, but I did help a ridiculously drunk woman understand that she had bet on a winning horse. The atmosphere was filled with high stakes, British glamour, and celebrations of Pimms and cigars. And to top it off, what could be better than a front row seat to the Queen?

Why, celebrating her birthday with the Royal Air Force...and Kate, of course.
 






The three hours of waiting in the drizzling weather was worth it. Polychromatic trick planes, military fanfare, and a procession of royal coaches - how more British could you get?

No comments:

Post a Comment