Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Autumn Breeze

Today was the first real day of a Tennessee Fall to me (so christened because I had to wear a jacket during the first 10 minutes of my morning run). This time one year ago I was still trying (and erring) in my new role as a wife. I was introducing Brady to the many uses of tofu, while he was introducing me to the even more abundant world of Army acronyms. The year prior I was stepping back onto BYU campus as an newly engaged Cougar. I had new (amazing!) roommates, a renewed love for Art History, and most notably, a new piece of jewelry on my left ring finger. And before that? I had just begun training fresh-from-the-MTC Lindsay Borrows, who has turned out to be one of my dearest friends.

All three seasons were periods whose transitional natures matched the physical changes occurring outside in nature. Each had its brisk, sharp pangs of coldness - those regrettable arguments, the research assistantships that failed to materialize, and the farewell to my previous missionary companion of 8 months, Dee Schwenke. But as irresistible as that breeze was on my panting face this morning, those last three Autumn seasons were filled with fresh and promising change as well. Lindsay taught me the true meaning of loyalty in a friendship; thanks to Skype and Google Reviews, Brady and I planned the wedding of our dreams; and, most importantly, I have felt more of how the Savior loves me from the pure love of my husband.

This Fall is no different.  While Brady is deployed, I will be studying for my master's in London. The reality of that amount of time and distance has been setting in, as I've opted for the snooze button more often lately before folding back into Brady's drowsy arms. There are incredible advantages along this path, namely leadership experience for Brady, the ideal master's program for me, and the rest of soul that always comes from having the courage to follow peace. And for now, we have decided to focus on the bright side of things. Because as we know, the future is as bright as our faith :) So let's take a moment and recap the past few precious months we've had together, as we look forward to a beautiful year of change and development:

Brady's 28th Birthday at the D.C. Temple

Yummy Anniversary Dinner
Chillin with the Obamas...from a distance :)
Roman Holiday, NYC Style
Date Night at the MAQ

Art Deco at the Frist

...perhaps we have too much fun at weddings :)




No comments:

Post a Comment