Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Equally Yoked




It was so good to have Brady come back from field training at Ft. Bragg. While he was gone for that week and a half (plus one day) he would send me photos of what he was doing from his phone. On one of the first days he excitedly shared an image of his MRE lunch:

The purple and white "Skittles" logo was the only edible I could recognize.

So, in the spirit of sharing, I sent him back a photo from dinner when I visited my grandpa in Louisville:

 

Lobster tail was a bit more recognizable to him :)

On a  more serious note, Brady absolutely shined at training. He excelled at his leadership exercises, and he even got to prepare his equipment for the event of a downed aircraft. Much time was spent in Humvees, and he sent cute photos of his hooah driving skills almost every day. Below is a photo he included in a newsletter that his commander commissioned him to write while he was there!


Despite all the fun experiences he had, I must admit that it's so good to be back together! Once he returned to Ft. Campbell we left for New Jersey to visit Brady's family. We had an amazing weekend with them, and were so grateful for the beautiful open house they hosted for us. We'll be posting photos soon!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the invite to your blog. I am SOOO EXCITED to be part of y'alls lives again just by keeping in touch through technology. I'm so grateful for it and for you! Update often!!! <3

    ReplyDelete